According to The Telegraph, Terry Richardson, fashion’s creepiest uncle, has been Banned by Condé Nast, becoming the latest in a growing list of sexually deviant assholes to finally get theirs.
In a message sent to staff on Monday, the executive VP of the publishing group said, “Conde Nast would like to no longer work with the photographer Terry Richardson. Any shoots that have been commission(ed) or any shoots that have been completed but not yet published, should be killed and substituted with other material.”
(And as of this morning, The Daily Beast is reporting that Diesel has cut ties with him as well.)
It’s about fucking time. Given the laundry list of allegations made against Richardson in the last decade (some of which were raised in the British paper The Sunday Times last week), it’s not like there hasn’t long been plenty of cause for termination.
For his part, Richardson is still denying any wrongdoing, and is “disappointed to hear about this email, especially because he has previously addressed these old stories,” according to a statement from his representative.
That statement, according to the BBC, also said that Richardson was “known for his ‘sexually explicit work,’ adding that the subjects of his work participated consensually.”
And while he is, indeed, known for sexually explicit work — dude directed the “Do What U Want” music video for accused sex-cult leader and alleged pedophile, R. Kelly, a union that’s gross on so, so many levels — the latter half of that statement has been refuted by a number of models over the years.
The fact that Richardson still had a job — let alone one with Conde Nast — was insane, but at least the Harvey Weinstein revelations are forcing more companies to take allegations of sexual impropriety seriously.
You can read more about it at The Telegraph.