Bidding a not so fond adieu to this dumpster fire of a year, Huffington Post recently published a year-end list entitled, “The Most 14 Shocking and Controversial Fashion Moments of 2017,” which rounds up some of the industry’s most facepalm inducing stories from the last 365 days.
With all that’s happened this year, from the threat of nuclear war, to multiple “once-in-a-generation” weather events, to record-setting spree shootings, it’s understandable if some (or all) of the moments included in the list slipped under your radar, like, for instance, Bella Hadid voluntarily saying, “If homeboy is coming through with these, it’s quiet for him… but if he comes through in like, [Air Maxes]… homeboy is gonna, like, get it.”
Other lowlights include the Bruce Weber allegations, Donna Karen’s Harvey Weinstein support, possibly-racist Victoria Secret models, Vogue’s insane decision to dress Karlie Kloss as a geisha, Melania’s Hurricane Heels, and two more equally embarrassing moments from the Hadid Sisters.
The full list is copied below. 2017, you will not be missed.
- Bruce Weber is Accused of Sexual Harassment
- Lucinda Chambers Drags the Fashion Industry
- Vogue Celebrates Diversity With Karlie Kloss Dressed as a Geisha
- Melania Trump Wears Heels to Visit Texas
- Bella Hadid Goes Sneaker Shopping
- Victoria’s Secret Models Sing the N-Word
- Teen Vogue Shuts Down Its Print Edition
- Kendall Jenner Wins ‘Fashion Icon’ Award
- Gigi Hadid Mocks Asians
- Madewell’s Natural Hair Debate
- Donna Karen Victim-Blames After Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik ‘Embracing Gender Fluidity’ On Vogue
- Tiffany Takes a Stand Against Donald Trump
- Tory Burch Whitewashes ‘Juju On That Beat’
You can read more about it at The Huffington Post.